Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

alone when it comes

Posted by lasky1994 
alone when it comes
January 09, 2018 09:18PM
"When you have an injury you go to the physio and do all the strengthening work on it," she says. "Often its recurrence is a consequence of muscle disuse. Any area where you've had an injury or a niggle would be more susceptible after a break in training."

So the post-illness message is: don't panic. Use the enforced downtime wisely: do that yoga or stretch class at the gym that you never get around to doing Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 Womens in your usual state of wellness; revisit some of the physio exercises from a previous injury; get outside and move your body but finish the session feeling like Adidas Nmd Dam you could have done more. Increase the intensity gradually. Before long you'll forget you were ever sick.
I suspect I'm not alone when it comes to self-diagnosing @#$%& Air Max 2015 Dames illness and injury. Let's just say that as a doctor, I'd make a good journalist.

When it comes to illness, which happens very rarely to me, I tend to err on the side of caution and assume I'm in death's grip. For example, my editor was very lucky to get this blog, filed as it was from the self-imposed exile of my bedroom (struck down with what feels like Ebola, one can never be too careful). Fortunately for everyone, after a couple of days the mystery virus revealed itself as the common Aussie flu. The family may have suspected this all along, but then they weren't negotiating with the Grim Reaper, were they?

Running injuries are different, though. The hypochondriac @#$%& Air Vapormax Femme in me cowers as a tough guy steps in and says "it's just a little niggle - soldier on!". So I do (gotta achieve those mileage targets), and then of course I find Adidas Zx 700 Femme myself on the physio's table.

It's not easy for anyone to know when they are injured, versus carrying a simple niggle that will settle. It's a vexing issue, as these aggregated answers from a bunch of dedicated amateur runners I questioned last week demonstrate:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login