Allen learn from greatest
November 06, 2018 06:31PM
Saquon Barkley: Next Barry Sanders? NY Giants rookie accepts hype
If co-owner Steve Tisch were casting for Barkley in a movie — which he is apt to do in his life away from football as a Hollywood producer — he'd bring Donald Glover on board and not look back.In general manager Dave Gettleman's glowing draft evaluation, in addition to saying he had received his highest draft grade since Peyton Manning, Gettleman also suggested that, with the skill set he possesses, it's as if Barkley was "touched by the hand of God."The next Barry Sanders. The https://www.vonmillerbroncosshop.com/authentic-von-miller-jersey-sale-1_109.html
best prospect since Adrian Peterson.Saquads — for his chiseled massive legs, which were seen in all their glory in The Body Issue of ESPN The Magazine.More NFL"Little Saquon," is how Odell Beckham Jr. playfully referred to Barkley, for whom he gained an affinity even before the Giants revealed he was the (big) apple of their eye.But to truly appreciate the Saquon Barkley who is preparing to make his NFL debut Sunday before 80,000-plus at MetLife Stadium, you have @#$%& Von Miller Jersey On Sale
to go inside the meeting rooms and the hallways of 1925 Giants Drive to get the scouting report that matters.That's where teammates have come away with nothing but admiration."He's the No. 2 overall pick who acts like an undrafted guy just trying to make the team," Giants fullback Shane Smith said of Barkley. "Behind the scenes, you'd never know he's this star in the making. He's humble. He asks tons of questions, questions for everybody, and he's just so eager to learn and take it all in, you forget he's supposed to know he's this great player already. With his attitude, it's as if he's done nothing yet."Smith paused before adding: "Put him on the football field, just watch."At 21, Barkley is ready for what comes next. "I don't feel the pressure," he said. "Because if I did, I'd never be able to live up to the expectations I have for myself."Tiki Barber wasn’t angry.In fact, the most productive running back in the history of the New York Giants in terms of yardage was quite impressed.Barkley has his sights set on earning everything he wants to achieve in the NFL, and he is not shy with what he hopes to accomplish.Gettleman has repeated countless times his belief that any player selected with the No. 2 overall pick of the NFL Draft should be viewed as a candidate for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.Not only does Barkley agree, but he promises he is comfortable with the challenge.In terms of fitting in with Giants offensive cornerstones Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr., Barkley is ready to prove he belongs as part of the solution regarding the woes that plagued the franchise during one of the worst campaigns for Big Blue last fall.And that brings us back to Barber, who was delighted to hear the promise Barkley made upon meeting him for the first time.Barber Bradley Chubb White Elite Jersey
remains the Giants’ all-time leading rusher with 10,449 yards and holds the franchise's top three Demaryius Thomas Jersey Cheap
single-season rushing performances, including an all-time high of 38 100-yard games. He also ranks second to Brandon Jacobs in career rushing touchdowns and second in total touchdowns to Hall of Famer Frank Gifford."It's funny to me, because after we drafted Saquon, so many people said to me, 'Giants finally got a guy who can challenge your records,' and I'm like, 'I hope he does,'" Barber told NorthJersey.com and USA TODAY Network New Jersey earlier this week. "Then when I finally got to meet him in person, that's the first thing he said to me: 'Great to meet you, but I'm gonna break all your records.'"There's so much that he has to learn, but he's so inquisitive, and football smart, and aware of things that I wasn't aware of until, maybe, three and a half years in."Manning has joked that he's never had a teammate ask so many questions, and from Barkley's perspective, his curiosity is certainly not from a lack of self-awareness.With remarkable skill and a brand-new contract worth $31.2 million, Barkley knows what is expected of him. So does Reggie Bush, the last running back to be taken No. 2 overall back in 2006.At the time, he was a Heisman Trophy winner, a game-changing All-American at USC and predicted to be the best player in his draft class. The expectations were so high, even with Bush winning a Super Bowl in his fourth season with the New Orleans Saints, amassing 5,490 rushing yards over an 11-year career, the perception is that he was a draft bust."There is definitely pressure to that," Bush said, referring to being the No. 2 overall selection. "If I were to give him any advice, it's just, 'You don't have to be Superman. You don't have to go out every game and rush for 100-plus yards.' He just needs to be effective because he has so many other weapons around him. The sooner he can understand that, the better he'll be able to play."Barber believes preparation — both physically and mentally — will be Barkley's key to success."You have to be aware of the good that's being said about you, but you also have to be aware of the bad that's said about you," Barber said. "I love this quote from Benjamin Franklin, Peyton Manning Jersey Cheap
and I told Saquon this, he said, ''Critics are our friends, they show us our faults' — it's important to understand what you can do to be better and not just think how great you are because everybody says I am. And I think he gets that, that's the most important thing, especially in New York."Email: stapleton@northjersey.comTerrell Davis White Elite Jersey
Kasim Edebali White Elite Jersey
Steve Harris Jr White Elite Jersey
Trevor Siemian Jersey
Shelby Harris Jersey
@#$%& Shane Ray Jersey On Sale
Max Garcia White Elite Jersey
Dontrell Nelson White Elite Jersey
Cameron Hunt White Elite Jersey
Jerrol Garcia-Williams Jersey
@#$%& Steve Atwater Jersey On Sale
Kalif Raymond Jersey
Aqib Talib White Elite Jersey
Carlos Henderson Jersey
@#$%& Connor McGovern Jersey On Sale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login