Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com

Posted by panxing18 
www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com
March 13, 2019 07:12PM
The Los Angeles Dodgers have to overcome a new foe from the National League Central to make it back to the World Series for the second year in a row.After battling with the Chicago Cubs for the last two seasons in the NLCS Bob Gibson Jersey , the Dodgers take on the Milwaukee Brewers with the right to play either the Boston Red Sox or Houston Astros in the World Series on the line.The Dodgers are hoping to clinch their 20th World Series appearance in franchise history, but the Brewers are more than willing to put up a fight and earn a return to the championship series for the first time since 1982.The series between the pair of division winners will be tight across the board, as both sides possess powerful lineups and impressive pitching staffs, but there will be a few players who shine the brightest and emerge as difference-makers over seven games.NLCS ScheduleAll times ET.Game 1:Friday, October 12 at Milwaukee (8:09 p.m., FS1)Game 2confused smileyaturday, October 13 at Milwaukee (4:09 p.m., Fox)Game 3:Monday, October 15 at Los Angeles (7:39 p.m., FS1)Game 4:Tuesday, October 16 at Los Angeles (9:09 p.m., FS1)Game 5:Wednesday, October 17 at Los Angeles (5:05 p.m., FS1)*Game 6:Friday http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-willie-mcgee-jersey , October 19 at Milwaukee (8:39 p.m., FS1)*Game 7confused smileyaturday, October 20 at Milwaukee (9:09 p.m., FS1)**-if necessary Odds (via OddsShark)Game 1:Los Angeles (-140; bet $140 to win $100); Milwaukee (+130; bet $100 to win $140)Ticket InfoAll available tickets for each game of the NLCS can be found on StubHub.PredictionsMoustakas Turns into Milwaukee's Most Important PlayerMike Moustakas is one of the few players on the Milwaukee roster with World Series experience.In the 2015 World Series, Moustakas hit .304 for the Kansas City Royals after driving in five runs during the ALCS.Moustakas was one of the Brewers' top hitters in the NLDS, and he'll extend that hot streak at the plate into the NLCS.Dylan Buell/Getty ImagesThe third baseman recorded four hits in 11 at-bats against the Colorado Rockies from a spot in the order beneath Christian Yelich and Ryan Braun, who are seen as the top threats in the lineup.With a handful of heavy hitters in front of him in the lineup, Moustakas will have the opportunity to drive in runs and extend rallies against the Dodgers' pitching staff.Moustakas' form at the plate shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, as he was one of Milwaukee's most consistent players at the dish in September.The midseason acquisition had a hit in eight of the final 10 regular-season games and he produced 14 RBI in September.Buehler Emerges as X-Factor on Dodgers' StaffWalker Buehler might not get the ball until Game 3 if the Dodgers follow their rotation from the NLDS, but when he does, he'll turn the series in the Dodgers' favor.Clayton Kershaw is slated to start Game 1, and Hyun-Jin Ryu should be able to go for Game 2 on extended rest, which means Buehler would open up the team's NLCS home slate.Buehler was roughed up by the Atlanta Braves in Game 3 of the NLDS, as he gave up five earned runs over five innings.Harry How/Getty ImagesDespite the tough outing Mike Matheny Jersey , Buehler still struck out seven batters, and the Dodgers hope his form from after the All-Star break carries over into the NLCS and erases the NLDS performance from his mind.In 14 regular-season starts since July, including the NL West tiebreaker against the Rockies, Buehler gave up five earned runs twice.In September, Buehler conceded seven earned runs over six starts, with his masterpiece coming in the September 19 win over the Rockies in which he fanned 12.Buehler's last four home starts have been outstanding, as he's let up a single earned run, which is why the Dodgers should start him in Game 3 to pull back any lost momentum from the opening games in Milwaukee.The 24-year-old's performance in Game 3 will warrant another start, or an extended appearance in relief, as the Dodgers attempt to keep the Brewers off balance at the plate.Follow Joe on Twitter, JTansey90.Statistics obtained from Baseball Reference. WASHINGTON — The St. Louis Cardinals will be looking to put their bullpen issues behind them on Tuesday night when they meet the Washington Nationals in the second of three games.Labor Day proved a wasted effort for the Cardinals, who led 3-1 in the ninth inning before Bryce Harper tied it with a two-run bomb to center off closer Bud Norris. Harper, who continues to battle a cough, struck again with a walk-off sacrifice fly in the 10th as Washington posted its second comeback win in three days.“It seems like the bigger the situation http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-red-schoendienst-jersey , the better he is, for whatever reason. But I think that’s what makes the good ones great,” Nationals reliever Greg Holland, who threw two scoreless innings, told the Washington Post regarding Harper. “He just has that uncanny ability to make a play when it’s needed the most.”Article continues below ...Norris took the loss on Sunday when he allowed three runs on two homers in the 10th inning against the Cincinnati Reds. On Monday, he picked up his fifth blown save — and first since Aug. 13 — when Harper took him deep.“It’s a question I don’t think I can answer right at this moment,” Cardinals manager Mike Shildt told mlb.com about Norris and the closer role going forward. “He’s had a tough couple of days. We’ll keep evaluating what we have. Tomorrow he’ll be down likely. And we’ll go from there.”St. Louis (79-62) sits 5 1/2 games behind the Chicago Cubs in the NL Central and is in the thick of the NL wild-card race.Washington (69-69), which rallied late Saturday night to defeat the Brewers, hasn’t been able to string together wins but refuses to go completely away. Sunday’s heroics left them 7 1/2 games behind the Atlanta Braves in the NL East.Cardinals right-hander Miles Mikolas (13-4, 2.96 ERA) opposes right-hander Erick Fedde (1-3, 5.79) on Tuesday night. Mikolas took his first loss since June 29 in his last start, when he allowed two runs and eight hits in five innings.“I think out of the couple hits they got, they only hit one or two hard,” Mikolas told mlb.com. “I don’t want to say I’m a victim of bad luck Enos Slaughter Jersey , but a couple of those balls, a couple feet this way or that way, I don’t think they are scoring a run at all.”In Mikolas’ last two starts, he has allowed seven runs (six earned) and 20 hits in 9 2/3 innings.He gave up four runs in seven innings to Washington in a Cardinals win on Aug. 13. He’s 0-1 with a 7.36 ERA in two games versus the Nationals in his career.Fedde will come off the disabled list to pitch Tuesday. He left his July 4 start against Boston with shoulder inflammation. In three minor league rehab starts, he gave up four runs in 14 2/3 innings.In addition to Fedde, the Nationals are expected to activate starting pitcher Joe Ross and call up outfielder Victor Robles on Tuesday. Ross has been out all season while recovering from Tommy John surgery and Robles — one of Washington’s top prospects — missed time with an elbow injury.“What I want to see, I want to see some of the younger guys play, I want to see them in high-leverage situations,” Nationals manager Davey Martinez told the Post. “I want to see what they do and see what we have for the future. I really do.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login