Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So far this week I’ve looked at how much playing time

Posted by chenyan94 
So far this week I’ve looked at how much playing time
December 05, 2018 11:06PM
the members of each of the last few draft classes for the Seattle Seahawks logged with the team. So far I’ve looked at The 2016 class with Germain Ifedi and Jarran Reed leading the way Authentic Doug Baldwin Jersey ,The 2015 draft class led by Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett,The 2014 class which produced Justin Britt and Paul Richardson andThe 2013 class which had Luke Willson and a bunch of guys who never saw the field.That leaves today’s installment as the 2012 class. As much as I’d love to do this for all of the Hawks’ draft classes under Pete Carroll and John Schneider, the NFL only started publishing official snap count data during 2012, so this is as far back as I will be able to go. In any case, before I jump into the numbers, I want to make a remark following a couple of comments in the articles from the last couple of days. Namely, the fact that this is a part of the new Fast Facts series. What I am looking to accomplish when I author one of the Fast Fact pieces is to simply present something which is factual. These pieces are not meant to be analytical in nature, and are designed to simply present data, largely without comment. Now that doesn’t mean that I won’t put some of those facts into perspective by comparing them to other facts, like I did in laying out how little the 2013 draft class played relative to other classes. However Womens Earl Thomas III Jersey , the goal of the numbers the articles this week is not to determine how successful each of the recent Seattle draft classes have been, it’s simply to look at how much playing time the team has gotten out of each class, and nothing more. So, here are the numbers for the 2012 draft class. Seahawks 2012 draft class snap countsRoundPlayer SelectedSnaps PlayedPercentage of Draft Class SnapsRoundPlayer SelectedSnaps PlayedPercentage of Draft Class SnapsIn short, the 2012 class is the exact opposite of the 2013 class. Even the players who didn’t catch on in Seattle had multi-year careers elsewhere. Jay Howard spent four years with the Kansas City Chiefs, Korey Toomer is a special teamer and rotational depth for the Green Bay Packers, Greg Scruggs played four years in the NFL between the Seahawks and Chicago Bears and even Winston Guy lasted four seasons in the league. As I did with the other draft classes, I only counted snaps in a player’s initial period of time with the team. Thus, the snaps that J.R. Sweezy has logged this season after returning from his fleecing of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not included. In spite of leaving those snaps out, this draft class has combined for 20 Womens K.J. Wright Jersey ,843 offensive and defensive snaps played for the Seahawks. Just for comparative purposes, the 38 players the Hawks selected in the 2013-2016 drafts have combined to play 21,636 snaps for the team heading into the game Sunday against the Los Angeles Chargers.Aaron Donald agrees to record $135 million extension with the Rams The Los Angeles Rams have been the busiest and most prominent team this NFL offseason. They traded for cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib, plus WR Brandin Cooks, signed DT N’damukong Suh, and even finally rid themselves of Tavon Austin. Not only that, Cooks received a contract extension, as did RB Todd Gurley, and OL Rob Havenstein....And yet, the big question over the last several weeks was whether or not they would pay Aaron Donald http://www.seattleseahawksteamonline.com/ethan-pocic-jersey , the league’s reigning Defensive Player of the Year. In a holdout for the second offseason in a row, Donald waited as other Rams got their big paydays, and wound up missing the entire preseason. With the regular season opener just over one week away, we (sadly, for Seahawks fans) have a resolution.Six years, $135 million, $87 million guaranteed, and Aaron Donald is the richest defensive contract the NFL has ever seen.And evidently it won’t balloon his cap number for the 2018 season, and he’s got a ridiculously large signing bonus coming his way.So with Donald getting what he obviously deserves, that leaves Earl Thomas and Khalil Mack as the only holdouts before the start of the regular season. In Mack’s case http://www.seattleseahawksteamonline.com/will-dissly-jersey , it looks like his holdout could go into Week 1, so the Rams vs. Raiders will likely see a Los Angeles defense with Aaron Donald, and a bad Raiders defense without its best player. There’s also been no indication that the Seahawks are nearer to an agreement with Thomas, or that Thomas will end his holdout, and the trade rumors surrounding ETIII and the Dallas Cowboys have died down for the time being.Oh yes, and Donald’s return to Seattle to play the Seahawks is Week 5, less than a year removed from sacking Russell Wilson three times in the 42-7 drubbing. Let’s hope the “improved” offensive line can do a better job of neutralizing Donald than we’ve seen in years past.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login